Tuesday, September 28, 2010

God and kiddos

On days when i am most frustrated with my kids, with my life, I need to stop re group and remember that God has entrusted these little people to me. God Himself created these little beings and gave them to me to care for while we are here on earth. What an amazing honor. To love your babies as God does is not always an easy task, believe me there are days when I think only God could love the kid who flushed my makeup down the now overflowing toilet.....but seriously when was the last time you really thought about the gift from God children really are?

The Bible in the book of Psalms says this

Psalm 139:13-14 (New International Version)


 13 For you created my inmost being;
       you knit me together in my mother's womb.
 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
       your works are wonderful,
       I know that full well.         


knit us together, can you just picture the Creator of the universe deciding if I would have green eyes or blue how tall I would be, my laughter my heart. God loves us and our children.
I wish I was perfect so I could be a perfect mom, but that wont happen in this life time! :-) instead I will try very hard to remember where my babies came from and who loved them first.
baby L and little C

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Job! Good luck on your blog! I've been blogging for a couple of years and find it great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea." -Matt 18:1-6

    good post! -Sara L

    ReplyDelete